Simple Country Beef Stew
An Easy Crockpot Recipe
This is one of those dump and go dinners, you’ll be glad you put in the crockpot come dinner time. This beef stew contains comforting falling apart cuts of beef, creamy potatoes, onions, and tender potatoes. Yum! Pair with a side of fresh bread or a side salad and you have a tasty dinner.
Does anyone else like leftovers? This is the perfect recipe to double so that you can eat on it throughout the week. Pair with a different side each night, bread, salad, green beans and you’ll have some variety each time you eat! Let me tell you how to make it!
The How To
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and italian seasoning. Toss in the cubed beef to thoroughly coat in the flour mixture. Brown in a pan with some olive oil on the stove over medium-high heat. This will take about 3-4 minutes until you start to see a crispy coating on the beef cubes. Then, transfer to the crockpot.
Next, prep your veggies. Dice up half an onion, slice and peel carrots. And finally, peel potatoes and chop them into large pieces. Then, add the veggies to your crockpot.
Tip: You generally want all the ingredients in your crockpot to be equally sized, but make your potatoes bigger so that they don’t get too mushy.
Next, add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste. Stir together, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours or high for around 4 hours. The stew will be done when the beef is tender and falling apart.
Did you try this recipe? Let me know how it turned out in the comments!
HAVE YOU MADE AN OUR JOURNEY TO HOME RECIPE? UPLOAD A PICTURE TO FACEBOOK OR INSTAGRAM AND TAG US!
FOLLOW ON PINTEREST
Shop this recipe:
Simple Country Beef Stew
- Medium Sized Bowl
- Cutting board
- ⅛ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp italian seasoning
- 1 lb stew meat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion
- 3 carrots
- 4 potatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste optional
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together flour mixture and toss stew meat to coat.
- On the stove, heat some olive oil in a pan on medium high heat. Brown stew meat for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally. Transfer to crockpot.
- Peel and slice veggies, add to crockpot.
- Add beef broth, worcestershire sauce and tomato paste to the crockpot mixture. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. The stew will be done when the meat is tender and falling apart. Serve and enjoy!