Light Loaf Pan Lasagna
Lasagna made simply!
This is an easy make ahead meal! You can even make it in the morning before work and bake it at dinner time. I know lasagnas can be indulgent and tricky, with a lot of different ingredients, so this is a simple and light recipe!
This lasagna is perfect for a small family. It makes four servings, so I like to make it for my husband and I, and I know we’ll have leftovers the next day!
This post contains affiliate links. (This means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.)
The How To
First make up the meat sauce. Brown a half pound of ground beef over medium heat. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and a pinch of pepper.
Once the meat is cooked, drain the fat and add the pasta sauce. Stir until combined and set aside.
In a small bowl add ricotta, parmesan cheese, italian seasoning and an egg. Lightly beat the egg and then thoroughly mix all the ingredients together.
Now assemble the lasagna! Start with a loaf pan. If you don’t have one, here’s a link to the one I use! Spray it with cooking spray and add a layer of meat sauce, then two oven ready lasagna noodles. Break them so that they fit into the pan.
Next, add 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, meat sauce and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese, then add a lasagna noodle, repeat this step two more times! And in the last layer, add the chopped basil.
Finally top with the rest of the meat sauce, a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
Cover with foil and refrigerate until ready to bake. (You could assemble this the night before as well, just bake within 24 hours since the ricotta mixture has an egg in it)
Bake at 400º for 30 minutes, take the foil off and bake for another 10 minutes. When it is finished, let it cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
*Note: This is a light recipe, you can of course add more cheese (especially to the top) if desired!
*Note: Want more veggies? Add diced onion and green pepper to the meat when you’d browning it- then omit the extra onion powder! (I didn’t add them to this recipe because I really wanted to make it simple, but it would be SO tasty!)
And that’s it! Let me know how yours turned out in the comments!
HAVE YOU MADE AN OUR JOURNEY TO HOME RECIPE? UPLOAD A PICTURE TO FACEBOOK OR INSTAGRAM AND TAG US!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Light Loaf Pan Lasagna
- Loaf Pan
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 18 oz pasta sauce
- ½ cup reduced fat ricotta
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 8 oven ready lasagna noodles
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Brown ½ lb of ground beef in a pan over medium heat. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Drain the fat and add pasta sauce.
- In a small bowl add ricotta, parmesan cheese, italian seasoning and egg. Lightly beat the egg and then mix until completely combined.
Assemble The Lasagna
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Spread a layer of meat sauce and top with two lasagna noodles. Break them so that they fit into the pan.
- Next spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, a layer of meat sauce and sprinkle some mozzarella cheese, then top with two lasagna noodles. Repeat two more times. The last time add fresh chopped basil.
- Top with meat sauce, mozarella cheese and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 400º for 30 minutes, take the foil off and bake for another 10 minutes. When it is finished, let it cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!