How To Make Homemade Sprinkles Recipe, So Much Fun!
How to make sprinkles at home!
Easy Homemade Sprinkles Recipe
Valentine’s Day is coming up and I wanted to have some special sprinkles on hand without stopping at the store. This is such an easy recipe, the hardest part is that you have to wait 12 hours to finally cut the sprinkles into pieces to use!
There are so many fun ways you could vary this recipe.
You could change up the colors for any occasion or holiday.
Another possibility is varying the size and shape of the sprinkles. They could be extra long or extra short. You could also pipe dots!
I hope you like this recipe, have fun creating! Let me know what colors you chose in the comments!
Have you made an Our Journey To Home Recipe? Upload a picture to Facebook or Instagram and tag us!
Follow us on Pinterest
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Easy Homemade Sprinkles
- Piping bags
- Baking sheet lined with wax paper
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- gel food coloring
- Sift powdered sugar into mixing bowl.
- Add corn syrup, vanilla and water. Mix.
- Add extra water 1 tsp at a time until desired thick, but pipe-able, consistency is reached.
- Divide icing into 3 bowls (or however many colors using)
- Add food coloring to each bowl and mix.
- Place icing into piping bags.
- Pipe long strait lines onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Let dry overnight or at least 12 hours.
- Once dry, cut the sprinkles into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.