Easter Jello Eggs
How to make easter jello jiggler eggs!
This is a family tradition here, we have the vintage jello egg molds to make them! But if you don’t, I couldn’t find them for sale anywhere. Here’s a how-to from Marissa at Squirrelsofafeather.com using plastic easter eggs as the mold! Click here
For this recipe I used 3 different flavors, but you can do this recipe making solid egg colors, just pour the mixture into the molds and refrigerate for 2 hours. You will need 3 (3 oz.) boxes of jello per 12 eggs.
You can also do this recipe with two layers instead of the three that I will show you! Just buy 2 (6oz) large boxes flavors of jello to make 12 eggs.
The How To
First, spray your egg molds with cooking spray. Then microwave one cup of water for one minute. Pour in your first jello flavor and whisk gently for two minutes. This activates the gelatin and makes sure everything is completely combined.
Note* Start with your darkest color jello first, that will help keep stronger colors from mixing into other layers.
Then pour in 1/2 cup of ice cubes and stir until completely melted. Place your jello molds on a tray for easy transfer to and from the fridge. Pour in jello mixture to fill the first third of the molds. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, microwave water, pour in jello packet, whisk for 2 minutes, and stir in ice again! Pour jello mixture into molds filling the second third, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Finally, repeat steps to make jello again using last packet of jello. Pour mixture into molds filling the last third of the mold. Refrigerate this time for 4 hours. When they are completely set, carefully release the eggs from the molds and serve!
The eggs will last 7-10 days in your fridge. Just keep them in an airtight container!
Let me know what flavors you use in the comments! Have Fun!
HAVE YOU MADE AN OUR JOURNEY TO HOME RECIPE? UPLOAD A PICTURE TO FACEBOOK OR INSTAGRAM AND TAG US!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Easter Jello Eggs
- Jello egg molds (or make your own from plastic Easter eggs!)
- Measuring cup
- 3 (3 oz) boxes of jello mix different flavors
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup ice
- cooking spray
- Spray your egg molds with cooking spray.
- Microwave one cup of water for one minute.
- Pour in first jello packet and whisk gently for 2 minutes.
- Stir in ice until completely melted.
- Pour jello mixture into molds filling the first third. You will have extra mixture left over.
- Refrigerate egg molds for 30 minutes.
- Microwave water, pour in jello packet, whisk for 2 minutes, stir in ice again!
- Pour jello mixture into molds filling the second third, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Repeat steps to make jello again using last packet of jello.
- Pour mixture into molds filling the last third of the mold.
- Refrigerate eggs for 4 hours.
- Carefully release the eggs from the molds and serve!