The Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
You won’t miss the gluten because these oatmeal cookies are even better!
These are the Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, and they are made with a homemade oat flour! I was diagnosed with gluten intolerance a few months ago and so I have been reevaluating all of my recipes. Going gluten free has brought me back to the kitchen to experiment with recipes and find some new favorites, and let me tell you, these cookies don’t disappoint!
These cookies use only gluten free oatmeal as the “flour” agent. Even though they are gluten free, you don’t feel like you are missing out on anything when you try this gooey buttery cookie!
Let me tell you how to make them!
The How To
Start by adding softened butter to your bowl, along with sugar and brown sugar. Cream together with a mixer or mix by hand for one minute.
Next, add two eggs, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon (optional). Mix to combine.
Blend up gluten free oatmeal in a blender to form a flour and measure out 1 1/2 cups, and stir that into your mixture. Finally, mix in 3 cups of oatmeal (unblended). Add in chocolate chips or raisins to your liking.
Scoop onto a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until they are golden brown on the edges.
Once the cookies have baked and cooled for 5 minutes, transfer to a wire rack or wax paper to fully cool.
These gluten free oatmeal cookies will keep in an airtight container for 3-5 days or you can freeze for up to 6 months. I always prefer to keep some out for my family to eat and freeze the rest so I can pull them out again and they will be just as fresh!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know how yours turned out in the comments!
HAVE YOU MADE AN OUR JOURNEY TO HOME RECIPE? UPLOAD A PICTURE TO FACEBOOK OR INSTAGRAM AND TAG US!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixer or Mixing Spoon
- 2 cookie sheets
- cookie scoop
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1½ cups oatmeal flour (oatmeal mixed in a blender to make an oat flour)
- 3 cups quick or old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips or raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Add softened butter to your bowl, along with sugar and brown sugar. Cream together with a mixer or mix by hand for one minute.
- Next, add two eggs, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon (optional). Mix to combine.
- Blend up gluten free oatmeal in a blender to form a flour mixture.
- Measure out 1½ cups of oat flour, and stir into your mixture. Then mix in 3 cups of oatmeal (unblended).
- Stir in chocolate chips or raisins.
- Scoop onto a cookie sheet and bake in a 350° oven for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are golden brown on the edges.
- Once the cookies have cooled for 5 minutes on the pan, transfer to a wire rack or wax paper to fully cool. Enjoy!