Keto Favorite: Slow Cooker Creamy Taco Soup
I really love this soup, it is simple and one of those set it and forget it meals. It tastes so spicy and fresh that it really seems like you spent hours in the kitchen, but its so easy!
Everyone loves a good toss in and cook crockpot meal and this is one of the best! The cream cheese makes it so delightfully creamy, it is one of the tastiest Keto meals I’ve tried.
The nice thing about this recipe is that it can easily be customized to what your family likes. Other ideas of things to add are:
- Bell pepper
If you’re not wanting to stay Keto you can add:
- Frozen corn
- Small noodles
- Substitute for light cream cheese
- Serve with side of bread or tortilla chips
I have personally tried it with light cream cheese and it tastes just as good!
The How To
First prep your veggies, dice up the onion, mince the garlic, chop the cilantro and cut the lime into wedges. Next, place a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add the ground beef, onion and minced garlic. Crumble and cook until the meat is fully browned. I like to break up the crumbles pretty small so that they are easy to eat in the soup.
When the beef mixture has finished cooking, drain the fat and pour the meat into the crockpot. Add in taco seasoning, can of diced tomatoes with green chiles, chopped cilantro, block of cream cheese and four cups of beef broth.
Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. Serve with optional toppings (shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh tomatoes, avocado, fresh cilantro or lime wedge).
This meal will last in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the fridge but I would not recommend freezing.
Reheat on the stove in a pot over medium heat for 5-10 minutes depending on amount. Or microwave an individual bowl, for 45 second increments until it is desired temperature.
I really hope you enjoyed this recipe! Let me know how it turned out in the comments and how your family customized it to suit your taste!
HAVE YOU MADE AN OUR JOURNEY TO HOME RECIPE? UPLOAD A PICTURE TO FACEBOOK OR INSTAGRAM AND TAG US!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Keto Crockpot Taco Soup
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ cup onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 10oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8oz block cream cheese
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 lime
- optional toppings (shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh tomatoes, avocado)
- Dice onion, mince garlic, chop cilantro and slice lime into wedges.
- Add ground beef, onion and garlic to pan on the stove over medium heat. Cook until browned.
- Drain the fat and add meat mixture to the crock pot.
- Add taco seasoning, can of diced tomatoes with green chiles, cilantro, cream cheese and beef broth.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Serves about 3-4 people. Top with desired extras, (shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh tomatoes, avocado, fresh cilantro or lime wedge) enjoy!