The Best Homemade Chex Mix
A tasty mix of snacks roasted with butter and spices!
Now this recipe is a tradition my sister will make for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Everyone loves it! It’s the perfect snack to get you through the day of family fun, all the cooking and prepping, and making memories.
This Chex Mix would be perfect for an after-school snack or even a party. Whatever you’re making it for, I know you’ll love it. Let me show you how to make it.
The How To
Combine rice chex, wheat chex, pretzels (any shape!) in an oven-safe pot. You can use a dutch oven or a roasting pan, anything large will do.
Tip: Using rice chex (instead of corn chex) soaks up the butter mixture the best!
Next, melt butter in the microwave. Use one salted and one unsalted butter stick. Once melted, add season salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine.
Tip: If you want to use two unsalted sticks of butter, just add 1/3 tsp of salt to the butter mixture.
Pour the butter mixture over the ingredients a little bit at a time, stirring to get everything evenly coated. Then lastly, add the honey roasted peanuts and stir them in as well.
Tip: Adding the honey roasted peanuts in last helps them not lose their sweet coating, for that salty-sweet crunch in the chex mix!
Bake uncovered in a 250º oven for 90 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool and serve.
Store in an airtight container. The homemade chex mix will stay fresh for a week.
Did you try this recipe? Let me know how it turned out in the comments!
HAVE YOU MADE AN OUR JOURNEY TO HOME RECIPE? UPLOAD A PICTURE TO FACEBOOK OR INSTAGRAM AND TAG US!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST
Shop this recipe:
Homemade Chex Mix
- Roasting Pan
- Large Spoon
- 3 cups rice chex
- 2 cups wheat chex
- 3 cups pretzels
- 1½ cups honey roasted peanuts
- 1 cup butter (1 stick salted, 1 unsalted) If using both unsalted, add ⅓ tsp of salt.
- 1 tbsp season salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ cup worcestershire sauce
- Pour rice chex, wheat chex and pretzels into a large roasting pan.
- Place butter in a bowl and melt in the microwave. Then stir in season salt, garlic powder, onion powder and worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over the chex mix, stiring and evenly coating everything. Then stir in the honey roasted peanuts.
- Bake uncovered in the oven at 250° for 90 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve!