Easy Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizzas
You’ll love this light and fresh dessert!
The How To:
With all this cold and snow going on here in the midwest, I’ve felt the need for a taste of summer! Making these Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizzas is really simple, all you need is a package of sugar cookie dough, vanilla frosting, strawberries and sugar.
First you clean and slice the strawberries and place them in a bowl. Sprinkle two tablespoons of sugar on top, stir and set aside in the fridge. This is called macerating strawberries and will make them sweet and syrupy.
Then slice and bake the sugar cookies. The nice part is that you can bake up however many you need at a time! Once the cookies are done baking, let them cool completely.
Now for the fun part! Frost the sugar cookies with a decent layer of frosting. Spoon the fresh strawberries on top and you have a dessert that is fresh and so so pretty!
I really hope you enjoyed this recipe, and hope you have as much fun making them as I did!
*Tip: You can frost all the sugar cookies at once and top with strawberries right before you serve them. If some are leftover with the strawberry topping on, I found that they lasted for half a day in the fridge.
Alternative Large Pizza Cookie
Another way to make this recipe is to make one large cookie pizza! You just put the cookie dough in an 8 inch cake pan and cook for at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Once it is finished baking, cool completely and turn out onto a serving dish. Frost with the vanilla frosting and top with strawberries!
Other Great Fruit Toppings To Try
- Mandarine Oranges
I hope you like this recipe! Let me know how it turned out in the comments and what toppings you used!
Have you made an Our Journey To Home Recipe? Upload a picture to Facebook or Instagram and tag us!
Follow us on Pinterest
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Easy Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Small bowl
- 16 oz package of strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 package sugar cookie dough
- 1 tub vanilla frosting
- Wash and slice strawberries, place them in a small bowl.
- Add sugar, stir and set aside in fridge.
- Bake sugar cookies according to package instructions.
- When the cookies are done baking, take out of the oven and let cool completly.
- Frost and top with a spoonful of strawberries. (If serving later you can frost the cookies and top with strawberries immediately before serving)
- *the strawberries can last in the sugar mixture for up to a day in the fridge.